As we delve further in this series of posts on Google AdSense ad sizes, we’ll explore the less used and alternate versions of Google AdSense banners. The AdSense 234 x 60 – Half Banner is found in the “Other – Horizontal” category, after the four main recommended sizes. While this ad unit is in the Delisted Standard Ad Unit sizes on the IAB Ad Unit Guidelines, it can be found as a recommended size in the Microsoft Advertising Standard Ad specs. I think the reason for the difference is that the IAB creates standards for agencies and other large advertisers, while AdSense and Microsoft Advertising also provide marketing channels for smaller businesses and publishers.
The 234×60 – Half Banner is very useful in side columns, especially near a navigation menu or under a larger square or rectangle ad unit. I have also seen it used in the footer of a website or blog.
As seen below, this ad can only contain text ads in AdSense and is typically used in side columns and side bars.
- Ads As An SEO Factor: Oh No, Do I Have Too Many Ads? (stateofsearch.com)
- Publisher’s AdSense Account is Disabled, Reinstated Quickly (labnol.org)
- SEMRush to Add Google AdSense Advertiser Report (searchenginewatch.com)
- Instagram and Android, Together at Last!
- Looking for Instagram or Android fonts or logos and icons in png and vector?
- Exploring Standard Ad Unit Sizes: Google AdSense 120x600 Skyscraper
- 8 Design Lessons Learned from the Google Redesign
- I wanted to use Google Chrome to create this post, but I had to use Safari
- Exploring Standard Ad Unit Sizes: Google AdSense 336 x 280 - Large Rectangle
- Exploring Standard Ad Unit Sizes: Google AdSense 200x200 - Small Square
- Setting Up a WordPress Development Environment with DesktopServer and GIT for WP Engine
- A Brief History of the Complete Redesign of Google at #SXSW2012
- 10 Things You Didn't Know a Browser Could Do