I was glad to see that my Chromecast device arrived today. After waiting a few weeks for them to be in stock, mine has finally arrived. I’ll go into the details of what’s included in the package and how to set it up in another post, but first I want to share some information that it took me a while to figure out to get it up and running. After I had set up my device and the app on my phone, I wanted to set it up in Chrome so that I could cast from my computer, as well. I went to the Chrome Web Store to look for the Chromecast app, but when I typed Chromecast in the search bar, there were no results found. I searched through Google help and kept getting sent to the setup page, which I didn’t need because I had already set up the device with my phone.
After reading lots of help content, I kept getting redirected to the Cast from Chrome to Your TV Help Page, but all it said was:
Please note: You do not need to re-install the Google Chromecast app if your device is already set up. You only need to download the Google Chrome Cast Extension.
However, it doesn’t tell you how to download the Google Chrome Cast Extension. After more searching, I finally found the answer. In the Chrome web store, under extensions, search for “Google Cast”, not Chromecast or chrome cast. I’ve included to the search in the Chrome web store, for you convenience.
Download the Chromecast Google Chrome Extension here.
Without getting into a description and review, let me just say that I really like the device so far and look forward to using it.
- The New Google Chromecast: What it Does and What it Will Do (epicagear.com)
- Switched On: Casting light on the Chromecast (engadget.com)
- Instagram and Android, Together at Last!
- Looking for Instagram or Android fonts or logos and icons in png and vector?
- Exploring Standard Ad Unit Sizes: Google AdSense 120x600 Skyscraper
- 8 Design Lessons Learned from the Google Redesign
- Exploring Standard Ad Unit Sizes: Google AdSense 336 x 280 - Large Rectangle
- I wanted to use Google Chrome to create this post, but I had to use Safari
- How to Use Chromecast with Chrome Browser
- A Brief History of the Complete Redesign of Google at #SXSW2012
- Exploring Standard Ad Unit Sizes: Google AdSense 200x200 - Small Square
- Backbone: 3 Ways