Research is about informing decisions.
“The Research” – the data doesn’t speak for itself. Someone should interpret it.
The Science of Certainty vs. The Science of Wonder
Scientism vs. Science
Different kinds of research are very different from each other, there is a broad spectrum.
Hard sciences have laws that predict things with a large degree of certainty.
Social Sciences have experiments.
At the other end of the spectrum, we have “looking at stuff”. In design, we don’t do a lot of real scientific studies.
He’s not against research, but he’s against using it as a weapon or as a dictatorship based on “the research”.
- Instagram and Android, Together at Last!
- Looking for Instagram or Android fonts or logos and icons in png and vector?
- Exploring Standard Ad Unit Sizes: Google AdSense 120x600 Skyscraper
- 8 Design Lessons Learned from the Google Redesign
- How to Use Chromecast with Chrome Browser
- Exploring Standard Ad Unit Sizes: Google AdSense 200x200 - Small Square
- I wanted to use Google Chrome to create this post, but I had to use Safari
- A Brief History of the Complete Redesign of Google at #SXSW2012
- Exploring Standard Ad Unit Sizes: Google AdSense 336 x 280 - Large Rectangle
- Exploring Standard Ad Unit Sizes: Google AdSense 300 x 250 - Medium Rectangle