Research is about informing decisions.
“The Research” – the data doesn’t speak for itself. Someone should interpret it.
The Science of Certainty vs. The Science of Wonder
Scientism vs. Science
Different kinds of research are very different from each other, there is a broad spectrum.
Hard sciences have laws that predict things with a large degree of certainty.
Social Sciences have experiments.
At the other end of the spectrum, we have “looking at stuff”. In design, we don’t do a lot of real scientific studies.
He’s not against research, but he’s against using it as a weapon or as a dictatorship based on “the research”.
- Instagram and Android, Together at Last!
- Looking for Instagram or Android fonts or logos and icons in png and vector?
- Exploring Standard Ad Unit Sizes: Google AdSense 120x600 Skyscraper
- 8 Design Lessons Learned from the Google Redesign
- I wanted to use Google Chrome to create this post, but I had to use Safari
- Exploring Standard Ad Unit Sizes: Google AdSense 336 x 280 - Large Rectangle
- Exploring Standard Ad Unit Sizes: Google AdSense 200x200 - Small Square
- Setting Up a WordPress Development Environment with DesktopServer and GIT for WP Engine
- A Brief History of the Complete Redesign of Google at #SXSW2012
- 10 Things You Didn't Know a Browser Could Do