How Can You Achieve Social Success?
Andrea Fishman from bgt
The game is now not just the creation and distribution of content, but optimizing it for the different social distribution channels.
The shift that has occurred is that you now have to think of how the audience will have an impact your content and figuring out ways to encourage interaction and promotion by your users.
Lots of drivers for analytics. You need to optimize both for SEO and social media.
140 million tweets are sent per day. 4 billion things shared on Facebook each day. More than 3 billion searches performed each day.
Analyze whether your content and web site is findable, readable, understandable, actionable and shareable.
Engage your customers with custom content created for specific distribution channels.
Measurements based on objectives.
- listening: brand awareness, share of voice, change in sentiment
- engaging: views, likes, retweets
SEO and Social Success
Jim Yu, CEO and founder of BrightEdge
In Internet Marketing, the users are now in control. The customers can now express to businesses their interests and intents. This is an unprecedented opportunity.
1 billion people use Google, 750 million people use Facebook and 250 million use twitter.
Pages that have a tweet button, get 7 times more tweets, but only 42.5% include a retweet method. Facebook button gets 3 times more sharing but only 50.3% of sites include a share button.
What is the value? Increased traffic, you can find the ROI of a like.
How do you measure social SEO?
- do you have a Facebook, twitter, and google+ presence?
- is useful content being posted regularly to the accounts?
- are your social media pages ranking in search results?
- are you doing SEO For your Facebook page?
- are you measuring the impact of your social content?
add social widgets to your site
Top 5 Facebook social widgets
- like button
- like box
- activity feed
- login button
seriously consider using the open graph. Tag your pages with opengraph tags. Proper markup gives a better sharing experience, which drives more engagement, just as markup improves SEO.
- instant follow button
- profile widget
- search widget
- faves widget
optimize your Facebook page for SEO
- Link your Facebook page from your homepage
- use brand name in wall posts and tweets
- push for engagement through likes and shares (signals for SEO)
- add plugins (facepile, fan box)
Why do you need fans on Facebook? The more fans you have, the more links you have on Facebook pointing to your Facebook brand page.
Build up links to brand properties from your brand Facebook page, creating parallel assets across search and social.
consider Facebook ads
Integrate your paid search on social. Promote “like” sponsored stories.
- don’t be left behind – your industry is already leveraging social media for SEO
- measure SEO and social together
- add social widgets and open graph to maximize social engagement
- implement simple best practices to boost your Facebook page rankings in search
- go deeper
- use facebook and social amplify your visibility